My Best Dressed @ The Oscars






On Sunday night, the biggest event in the awards season calendar - The Oscars - took place. I have an extra long Best Dressed post for you all today, as everyone really stepped up their game. I've tried to put similar colours together to show the main trends.
Firstly, Dakota Johnson wore a beautiful Saint Laurent gown, in a red hue to match the carpet. She kept it fairly simple with a matching red lip and swept back hair. I think the neckline and shoulder detail kept all the attention to that area, and I think the colour looks so stunning with her skin tone. Also wearing a bright red was Rosamund Pike, in Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci. I think this has to be one of my absolute favourites of the night. She pulls it off so well, and I love the slit in the leg, revealing matching red sandals. The embellishment is just beautiful, and I love how she kept everything else simple to focus on the dress.
Jennifer Aniston's Versace gown is definitely one of the best she's worn this awards season. It's so unique and it shows off her figure so well, however I do think she could have changed up her hair to show off the dress a bit better. J Lo's Elie Saab dress is just the perfect princess dress. I love Elie Saab's collections, and this suits J Lo so well, with the deep V accentuating her curvy figure. I love how she wore a simple ponytail, as I think anything else could've made this look too fussy.
Also wearing a super sparkly gown was Anna Faris, in Zuhair Murad - another of my favourite designers. I think she has been styled so well this awards season, as she was also featured in my Best Dressed @ The Golden Globes post. She has stuck to the nude/blush theme, which I think has worked so well for her. Zoe Saldana showed off her post-baby figure in Atelier Versace. I think it drapes perfectly, and I love the jewellery and elegant curly undo. 
There weren't that many darker dresses on the red carpet this year, but Jessica Chastain's Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci dress was absolutely gorgeous. I love the deep navy colour, with the sparkly detailing around the décolletage. It looks gorgeous on her figure and I think the navy colour goes really well with her auburn hair. Another amazing dark dress was Sienna Miller's Oscar de la Renta gown. The laser cut detailing is so unique and I love the smokey eye as it matches it perfectly. I know Charlotte Tilbury did her makeup, so I would expect nothing less than perfection anyway!
Emma Stone also wore Elie Saab, in a vibrant lime green. I feel like this dress shouldn't work, but it looks so stunning on her that I couldn't not feature it! The side swept hair is such a different look too, but I think it works nicely here. I think her look is a bit of a love it or hate it, but I certainly love it! 
And finally, I loved Felicity Jones custom made Alexander McQueen gown. I think it looks almost wedding dress-esque, but she pulls it off so well. She has worn some gorgeous dresses this awards season, as she was also featured in my Best Dressed @ The BAFTAs post. I think the colour of this, paired with her dark hair looks so lovely and it's definitely one of the most eye catching dresses of the night!
Who was your Oscars best dressed? Let me know in the comments! 



Comments

Popular Posts