Health & Fitness Update #2


I am now 4 weeks into my 10 week bikini body plan. Last week I had my birthday and I finished uni, so it's safe to say I had a lot more treats than I usually would! However, this week I am certainly going to get back onto it, and hopefully this week will include less cake (pretty sure I ate my body weight in it last week!). So far, I have definitely noticed a difference in how I feel, and how my body looks, so I'm looking forward to see what I can achieve in the next 6 weeks. Obviously, this will continue after these 10 weeks, but for me at the moment, it's about feeling confident in a bikini on my holiday in 6 weeks. 
Body Inspiration
Whoever this gorgeous girl is in the picture above, she is my current body inspiration. I love how strong and healthy she looks, and I'd love my back muscles to look like that. I think that would look fab with a backless dress this summer. Of course, it's also major squat inspiration!
Food/Nutrition
For my birthday last week, I received Madeleine Shaw's new book 'Get the Glow'. I'm really looking forward to trying some of these recipes out. I also love that it includes meat - as although I do love a vegan/veggie recipe every now and again, I couldn't live without eating meat, so it's great that she includes some great healthy meat recipes in here too.
I've also been loving pomegranate seeds. I don't know why I've never really tried these before, but they are so tangy and yummy - the perfect alternative to sour sweets!
Workout
I stuck to my 4 days at the gym 2 weeks ago, however last week it really suffered with my  birthday and being out more than usual, so I didn't manage four times. However, I've been continuing my routine (mentioned in the last health post) and I've definitely seen results. I'm slowly increasing the weights I'm lifting, to build up more muscle and tone.
Video
If I'm honest, I've not been working out at home these past 2 weeks so I don't have a fitness video to show you! However, I loved this video from LEAF showing you how to make the ultimate smoothie. 

What health/fitness bits have you been trying recently? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts