My Best Dressed @ Cannes Opening Ceremony




One of my favourite events of the year, Cannes Film Festival had it's opening ceremony on Wednesday, and with all the big stars of this years festival attending, a Best Dressed post was a must! I'll probably also do an overall Cannes best dressed when the festival is finished, so look out for that! 
Lupita Nyong'o in Gucci - Lupita always wears stunning dresses for the red carpet and this bright green Gucci number is no exception. It complements her skin tone perfectly, and I am in love with the gorgeous embellishment on the shoulders and at the waist.
Doutzen Kroes in Atelier Versace - Doutzen's dress reminded me very much of Rosie's dress at the MET Ball, so it was no surprise to find that this is also by Atelier Versace. It's quite a simple, timeless silhouette, but the sheer panel adds something extra to it, and I like how she contrasted with the dark makeup and nails. 
Bar Rafaeli - I love this look on Bar. Such a classic white dress, with a definite Grecian feel to it. I love how she paired it with a simple ponytail and very natural makeup. I feel like any heavy makeup would clash with the dress. I'm not sure who designed the dress but it certainly is gorgeous - although being a supermodel, I'm sure she could pull of anything!
Natalie Portman in Dior - Being the face of Dior, of course Natalie wore a bright red dress by the designer. The triangular shape of the neckline gives a new take on this classic column dress style, and I love the colour with her dark hair.
Noemie Lenoir in Chloe - Such a stunning look here - perfect pregnancy style! I think yellow looks absolutely gorgeous against darker skin, and the curly hair makes the look really youthful - she is just glowing!
Sienna Miller in Lanvin - Contrasting with the bright colours on the red carpet, Sienna went for a navy blue Lanvin dress, with ruffling along the shoulder. It looks lovely against her paler skin and blonde hair, and it really accentuates her figure. I also loved the makeup here - it was done by Charlotte Tilbury though so I would expect nothing less! 

Who has been your favourite Cannes look so far? Let me know in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts