Dove Firming Body Lotion | REVIEW


I recently picked up Dove's Firming Nourishing Lotion on a mission to find a lightweight body moisturiser for summer. After my disappointment with Garnier's Hydralock being too thick on my skin, I went for this, which is for all skin types. Now, if I'm totally honest, I didn't buy this to try the 'firming' aspect of it, because I really don't believe that a moisturiser can noticeably firm and tone your body, so I won't be reviewing that side of it. Personally, I haven't noticed a difference in my skin due to this moisturiser so I can't say I really thought it was particularly firming. However, it is a really love moisturiser. It sinks into the skin quickly, it doesn't have a strong or unpleasant scent. I like this because I prefer to have my perfume as my scent, and sometimes a strongly scented moisturiser can clash with this. I also often moisturise at night, so I don't really need a strong scent. It's a nice texture and definitely doesn't feel as thick as the likes of Aveeno or Garnier Hydralock, so I agree that it is for all skin types, although this may not be nourishing enough for very dry skin. The reviews on the Boots website suggest it's too thick, but I don't think that's the case at all, it's a much lighter consistency than many moisturisers I've tried in the past! It's a pretty good sized bottle too, so should last me a while! 
Have you tried any great body moisturisers recently? Let me know in the comments - I'm always on the lookout for products to try out next! 

Comments

Popular Posts