Top Tanning Tips


Hi guys! Now, as you'll know if you're a regular reader, I'm a bit of a tan-a-holic and so I think I know a fair bit about tanning and the whole process about getting the perfect golden glow! Today I thought I'd share 3 of my top tanning tips, and hopefully include some that you might not have heard before:
1. We all know how important it is to exfoliate before tanning, but try using an exfoliator that isn't oil based (or not very oil based). The oil can prevent the tan from becoming it's full colour, and can cause unevenness. Personally, I just use those exfoliating gloves with regular shower gel as this does the job.
2. To prolong your tan, it is so important to moisturise. Dry skin = flaky, uneven tan, so make sure you use some sort of moisturiser on your body everyday. I really recommend trying a moisturiser with aloe vera in it, as this is fantastic for prolonging a tan. I love the Vaseline Spray On moisturiser in the aloe scent as it's quick drying and keeps my skin nice and hydrated. 
3. On the day you tan, try not to use any deodorants, perfumes or thick moisturisers on your skin. They all act like barriers to the tan. If you can't do the full day without them, shower before you tan. Preferably use cold water as this shrinks the pores and therefore lessens the chance of those annoying dots of fake tan on your legs!
Let me know any of your favourite tanning tips in the comments below! 

Comments

Popular Posts