The Anastasia Shadow Couture Palette




When I got an email from Cult Beauty saying that had the new Anastasia Shadow Couture palette in stock, I didn't even question whether to order or not! So, by 7.15am the palette had been ordered and was on it's way to me. It arrived the next day (didn't even get next day delivery so big thanks to Cult Beauty!) and I just couldn't wait to try it out. After watching American YouTubers use Anastasia shadows for so long, I was desperate to try them out for myself - but wasn't keen on paying for US shipping. This palette contains 12 shadows, and cost around £25 - although I got it for £20 with a 15% off code! This is pretty good value considering the Urban Decay palettes are at least £10 more. I love the mix of colours too - enough browns and warm colours to keep a neutral lover like myself happy, but also a few brights in there that I am definitely going to play around with. 
In terms of pigmentation, I found that some of the shadows weren't as pigmented as I'd hoped - specifically the more glittery shadows like Spoiled and Pink Champagne. However, the rest of the colours are fantastic and stay on the lids for hours. They blend beautifully, and I can definitely see why they are so popular in America. As a side note, the brush that comes with the palette is also fantastic, which makes a change from the rubbish brushes often put into palettes. 
I thought I would include this little makeup of the day I posted on my Instagram last week using the palette. I started with Soft Peach as a base all over the lid area, then I used Morocco as a transition shade in my crease. I then layered Spoiled with an Inglot single shadow (no. 154) on the inner third of my lid, and used Intense Gaze on the outer two thirds. To intensify the crease, I used Fudge, and finally smudged Noir on the outer lash line before lining with my Soap & Glory liquid liner. On my lower lash line, I mirrored the shadows on the lid, by using Spoiled/Inglot 154 on the inner part of the lash line, then a mixture of Intense Gaze and Fudge on the outer part of the lash line. 
If you'd like me to do a full run down of all the makeup I have on here let me know!
This palette is now sold out on Cult Beauty for the UK, but you can still order it on the Anastasia site here. Let me know if you've tried anything else from Anastasia before!

Comments

Popular Posts