Makeup Revolution Liquid Lipstick | REVIEW


Liquid lipsticks seem to be having a bit of a moment. I see so many Instagrams every day with a new liquid lipstick from the likes of Kat Von D and Anastasia. Unfortunately, these brands are a bit harder to get hold of in the UK, so I was excited to see that budget brand Makeup Revolution have come out with their own range, costing only £3 each! This is actually my first foray into Makeup Revolution, but I'd heard nothing but good things about the brand, and at £3, it wouldn't be a huge disappointment if it wasn't the best. 
I bought the shade 'Keep Lying For You', which is a mauve, purple colour, similar to Urban Decay Bittersweet (which has been on my wish list forever now!). I quite like the rose gold and black packaging, but I have to say, I'm not too keen on the 'Salvation Velvet Lacquer' writing on the tube - it makes it look a bit cheaper in my opinion. The colour range is really great though - I think there were around 8 on the stand that I saw, varying from nude colours right through to a black. 
Firstly, it doesn't really have a scent to it, which I quite like as I find overpowering smells can put me off using a product. It has the usual doe foot applicator, which makes application really easy. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to apply the colour - especially with it being such a bold colour, I didn't want to make any mistakes! I found it much easier to apply than the Bourjois Velvet Liquid Lipsticks as the applicator is a bit bigger and doesn't put too much product on at once (although I always wipe a bit off the applicator first). The colour is also really pigmented - the colour in the tube is how it will look on your lips! It doesn't feel too drying on the lips at all, and whilst it obviously has a matte finish, I didn't find it to accentuate any dry patches or anything (although I'd definitely recommend making sure your lips are nice and hydrated before trying any liquid lipstick). It takes a while to dry to the matte finish, but once it does, it has real lasting power. It really is comparable to the Sephora liquid lipsticks, which are one of my favourite lipstick formulas. It comes off with regular micellar water, although does take a bit of scrubbing, but I don't mind that for a long lasting formula!
Have you tried any liquid lipsticks? What are your faves? I've got my eye on 'Vamp' from the range next!


Comments

Popular Posts