NikkieTutorials Made Me Do It. . .


I only recently discovered the lovely Nikkie Tutorials on Youtube, but she really should be a saleswoman for Nivea Men's Aftershave Balm, because she'd pretty much convinced me to buy one after one video! Basically, Nikkie uses this as a primer, as the first ingredient in this is 'glycerin', which essentially makes everything you put on top of it stick and stay put. At a bargain £5.35, I couldn't resist giving it a go for myself. 
I've been trying this technique for a few months now - firstly just for 'special occasions' and now pretty much every time I do my makeup - and I'm seriously impressed. I totally agree with Nikkie that this is a perfect primer! It really does keep your makeup in place all day, and I find my makeup sits really nicely with this underneath too - no patchiness or problems with it melting off my face! It's such a random product as a primer that I thought I had to share it in case you hadn't heard about it from YouTube. As it's just an after shave balm too (plus it's for sensitive skin), it shouldn't cause any problems with your skin either - if anything it'll keep it hydrated! It does have a bit of an aftershave scent, but I find this has worn off by the time I've finished doing my makeup anyway so I haven't found that to be an issue. 
Have you tried this as a primer? Let me know in the comments if you'd give it a go!

Nivea Mens After Shave Balm - £5.35

Comments

Popular Posts