The BH Cosmetics x Carli Bybel Palette | REVIEW


What's this? Youtube guru Carli Bybel teamed up with BH Cosmetics in the summer last year to create the Carli Bybel palette. It comes with 10 eyeshadows and 4 highlighters. 
Where do I get it? Unfortunately this palette isn't in stock anywhere in the UK, so you have to get it shipped from the US. I got it from the BH website and paid only around $6 for shipping, so overall I paid around £12 for the palette AND shipping - pretty good! I had no issues with shipping/customs and it arrived around 10 days after I ordered. 
Swatches? See below!




The Pros... The shadows are extremely pigmented for a fairly cheap palette. I absolutely love the shades too, as the matte mauve shades (3,4 and 5) are unlike anything else I have in my collection and I've been loving recreating her everyday mauve look (tutorial here). Number 9 is also very similar to MAC Woodwinked eyeshadow! The lasting power is really good - I always use a MAC Paint Pot to prime but these stay on really nicely. 
The Cons... The palette does have a slightly chemical smell, but I'm pretty sure it's the packaging itself and not the shadows - although it's such a cheap palette that I wasn't expecting it to be super luxurious! The highlight shades 3 and 4 are definitely too dark for me, but I like that she has provided something for every skin tone. You definitely have to tap off your brush before applying as they're quite powdery and will have a lot of fallout if you don't tap off excess. 

What do you think? Let me know if you've tried this in the comments and what you think of it! 

Comments

Popular Posts