Budget Kylie Lip Kit Dupes


Ever since Kylie Jenner came out with her Lip Kits, the beauty blogging world basically collapsed. A chance to wear the nude lip queen's very own liquid lipsticks is hard to pass up. However, paying £20+ for shipping really put me off, so I set off trying to find any dupes. I saw Corrie's video about the Candy K shade (which is the one I wanted!), so went out to get the dupe she suggested. This was from Essence and it's the XXXL Long-lasting Lipgloss Matt Effect in the shade '06 Soft Nude'. This is a bargain at only £2.30 and is a lovely matte mousse-y texture. I'm still not sure how I feel about the texture, as I found it can be a bit clumpy, and it doesn't completely dry on the lips, but it feels comfortable and I love the colour. I do have swatches below, but obviously I don't have the original Kylie Lip Kit to compare it to, I'm just going from recommendations and swatches I've seen of it! These are really dupes for the Candy K shade specifically.
My second dupe is the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in 'Tranquility'. Again, this one is a bargain at £3 and is actually a lovely formula! This one definitely has a nicer texture than Essence and it has amazing lasting power - I had it on my hand as a swatch and it definitely took some scrubbing to get it off. You can see me wearing it on my Instagram here if you'd like to see it swatched on the lips. I wore this when travelling to Barcelona, and it was really comfortable on the lips. As you can see from the swatch, it is a lot smoother than the Essence one and is a bit more pigmented. The only thing I'd say is this shade is slightly peachier than the Kylie Lip Kit shade, so if you want a more true colour, I'd recommend the Essence one. Also, the MUA shade has a very strong sweet scent, which I found quite overpowering at first, but the scent doesn't last beyond application. Anyway, you can see swatches here:


Where do I get it? Essence is sold all over Europe, and in the UK is sold in Wilkinsons (random, I know!), and is now filtering into some Superdrugs too. Make sure you get the Matt Effect one as it can be a bit confusing and you don't want to end up with the glossy version! As for MUA, you can find it online and in most Superdrugs

Comments

Popular Posts