LFW A/W16 - Day 1 & 2 Round Up & Favourites


Fashion Week is upon us again, and this time round I thought I would try to do a little round up post every couple of days covering my favourite shows. As a fashion student, I kind of have to keep on top of this anyway, and it's always interesting to see other people's opinions on the shows! I'm not attending any shows myself (that's the dream!), so all these images are from the trusty Vogue website if you want to take a look at the full collections. For Days 1 & 2, I've narrowed it down to 8 shows that caught my eye...
Barrus
I've actually never heard of this designer before, but their collection really caught my eye! A mix of beautiful watery pastels in marbled prints - I can see this being emulated by the likes of Coast and Oasis this autumn. I especially loved the navy coat - so perfect for autumn, and definitely a colour I'm trying to add more of to my wardrobe! The gorgeous floaty chiffon skirts coming off the trousers are gorgeous too and add some glamour and femininity to the tailored looks. 

J JS Lee
I spotted J JS Lee on In The Frow and the gorgeous tailored grey look was my absolute favourite. I think this is workwear done right as the tailoring was just spot on, and the colour palette was a mix of neutrals, navy and grey. The makeup look was kept fairly simple, but all the models had a lovely pop of deep red (reminded me of NARS Cruella) on their lips making it perfect for A/W.

Eudon Choi
Again, another designer I've not heard too much about before, but this colour palette is just my absolute dream - feminine muted tones, keeping the look chic and grown up. I've been obsessed with mauve tones this autumn/winter, and it looks like it's here to stay - just look at that beautiful mauve/purple trench! The white cut out shoulder top has a lovely S/S vibe to it, so I imagine the cut out shoulder trend will continue on, as well as the oversized gypsy sleeves. I absolutely loved the footwear in this show too - those mauve knee high boots are to die for! 

Daks
Again, Daks is another show I saw quite a bit of coverage on from Snapchat/bloggers etc, and I love the Victoriana, gothic style in this show that is so synonymous with A/W. Again, the tailoring was absolutely gorgeous, and I love the pops of lace that can be seen under more masculine items, like the cape coat and tailored blouse and trousers, whilst adding texture to the all black outfits. The black wrap coat is perfect A/W sleek dressing, and the cute patent black boots show that patent boots are still going to be on trend this autumn.

 John Smedley
John Smedley's collection reminded me very much of the laid back casual style usually seen at Whistles and Cos. The whole collection looked so comfy, and would look great worn as separates to smarten the items up. The ribbed grey jumper is gorgeous, and would look amazing with leather trousers for daytime. The collection also reminded me of the current trend for loungewear co-ords (seen at the likes of In The Style, Miss Pap etc), so if you want to recreate this collection for less, I'd recommend checking out those places!

Sabinna
Are you sensing a theme with the kind of trends I like yet? The Sabinna collection was so stunning, and I loved the mix of brown and baby pink to create a kind of 40s vibe. In contrast, the middle outfit with the navy trousers, brogues, beige top and patterned jacket is perfect workwear/smart dressing. I will definitely be trying to recreate this myself this coming Autumn, and will be on the search for a gorgeous patterned jacket just like that one!

Julien MacDonald
Julien's shows never fail to disappoint. The whole show itself was just beautiful, with models lining up at the church alter (seen below) to showcase the entire collection in all its glory. I especially loved the finale with the cutest little kids walking the runway - it reminded me of a similar thing Dolce & Gabbana did a couple of seasons ago, to celebrate mothers and motherhood. Obviously, the dresses were absolutely beautiful - unique, stand-out designs that I can definitely see the high street emulating come A/W. My three faves were the sparkly black jumpsuit with choker detailing, the gold cut out dress (this is such a classic Julien MacDonald style - I remember Cheryl wearing one very similar on X Factor a few years ago), and the black cut out co-ord - this is definitely one I can see trickling down into the high street. The intricate cut outs added something extra to the look and made it much more party appropriate. 


Gareth Pugh
I have to admit, I wasn't expecting to like the Gareth Pugh collection as much as I do. From the snippets I saw on Snapchat, I wasn't keen, and I always imagined Pugh as a much more 'out there' designer. Obviously, some of the designs in this collection weren't quite my taste, but for the most part, I loved it! It seemed to be all about statement outerwear. Shearling is definitely here to stay for A/W - that beige/cream shearling wrap coat is just to die for! There were some aviator inspired looks, like the brown leather shearling coat/skirt combo, paired with classic aviator sunglasses. This look has to be an absolute favourite for me, especially paired with the grey turtleneck. My final fave look was the cream wrap cape coat. It reminds me so much of Olivia Pope (Scandal) - you can see my fashion post on her here - as it's so chic and feminine. The sleek black tights and thick black choker add a fashionable twist. I especially loved the makeup look at this show - the vampy dark lip is so perfect when paired with these soft neutrals and stops them looking too girly. 
Wow - if you've got to the end of this post, well done! I really want to incorporate more fashion into my blog (being a fashion student and all that...), so I hope you enjoyed my little round up of my favourite shows from Days 1 and 2! I'm hoping to continue this for the next few days of fashion week, so let me know what your faves have been so far too. 

Comments

Popular Posts