Next Beauty: First Impressions & Makeup Look!


I went to the Next Beauty event way back in March and I realised I still hadn't got round to trying out the products! So, I've tested out what came in my goody bag and I have a first impressions and makeup look for you today. 
Firstly, I got the Perfect Look eyeshadow palette. This has 12 shadows in, with varying colours from neutrals to bright blues and purples. I've found the pigmentation is quite disappointing, as I was literally piling so much product on my brush to get any significant colour payoff. The shimmery shade (no 3) was pretty pigmented, although I did find it faded quite a bit, and as you can see in the makeup look, it isn't as golden as it looks in the pan. Overall, I'm a bit disappointed in these shadows as I think other budget brands do shadows so much better than this! 
The glitter pencil is definitely one for the makeup addicts, as I don't think many people will want a product like this. Again, I wasn't overly impressed, as the pencil has a kind of Vaseline type feel so the glitter was really greasy and I probably got about 5 flecks of the glitter actually on my eye. Also, I'm unsure as to where you would really use this product - I went for the inner corner but I still felt like it didn't look quite right.
The chubby-stick esque lipstick in 'Cherry Red' is probably my favourite product. It applies nicely, has good pigmentation and leaves a nice satin finish on the lips. It is a pink toned red, that I feel suits many different skin tones.
Finally, the nail polishes. I have actually not used these myself, but my sister gave them a go. The blue polish (Frozen) seemed to chip quite easily, however the 'Molten Platinum' shade was much better and I feel more people would gravitate towards this shade. I get the feeling they are a bit hit and miss, as the more nude colours looked stunning so I would be interested to see how they wore. 




Makeup Look
I started with shade 6 as a transition shade, then I used shade 3 from the palette on the lid. I blended shades 9 and 10 into the lash line with an angled brush to create a liner shape, then blended these two colours also into the crease for a light smoky eye. In the inner corner I used the glitter pencil, and on the lips I used the lipstick in 'Cherry Red'.

Have you tried Next makeup? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts