Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Foundation | REVIEW


What's this? On my recent trip to the US, I picked up the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation. It wasn't initially something I was interested in getting, but when I tried it out in Sephora, I was sold. I got the shade Light Medium Beige, which is a great shade for when my fake tan is fading (midway between full tan and completely pale!). It's a light-medium coverage foundation, with a very satin skin-like finish. 
Where can I get it? Get it at Sephora for $39 here, or in the UK from QVC for £34.50 here.  
Swatches? I've not done a hand swatch, as I don't find those to be overly helpful. I have got a few Instagram pictures wearing it though here and here
The Pros... I've fallen in love with this foundation for my everyday makeup. It's perfect applied with a beauty blender, blends amazingly into the skin and feels so lightweight on the skin. I've been wearing this for work, and not noticed any major fading issues so it lasts pretty well too. The colour match is really good for me, as I find with it being a lighter coverage foundation, it's more forgiving if the colour is a bit off (depending how pale I am!), so I can make it work most days. 
The Cons... I have to say, I hate the pipette applicator. I actually dropped this foundation on the floor last week (which was traumatic to say the least!) and the pipette smashed and was really annoying to get out - so now I'm just pouring onto the back of my hand. However, when I did have the pipette, I found it didn't pick up enough product so I always had to do 2 pipettes for a full face. Other than that, I don't have any major cons here! I wouldn't recommend this foundation to someone who likes a full full coverage but, I really do think it would work well for anyone else! It's especially good if you hate the feel of makeup on your skin, as buffing it in with a beauty blender really leaves it weightless on the skin! If only Tarte was more easily accessible in the UK...

What do you think? Have you tried this foundation? Let me know your thoughts in the comments! 

Comments

Popular Posts